Types of Programs
- Service coordination - A critical aspect of service provision. A service coordinator maintains regular, ongoing contact with families and assists families in identifying what long-term and/or short-term needs the individual or family may have. The service coordinator helps with information gathering, medical research, access to funding and all other resources that may be available to the family, etc.
- Respite Programs - Being the primary caregiver of a special needs child is a 24 hour a day responsibility that is physically and emotionally exhausting. In order to keep up with this kind of tiring and demanding duty every parent needs to have an opportunity to rest and relax. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will promote various respite programs that will provide regular and at-will opportunities for parents to take a break and recharge their batteries
- Family Support Programs - Designed to give families the ability to raise a child with special needs at home for as long as possible. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will organize regional retreats where parents will be able participate in informational and supportive sessions and to meet parents that share the same kinds of challenges and learn from one another. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will arrange ongoing support groups and arrange for environmental modifications to homes and vehicles to accommodate people with disabilities.
- Sibling Support programs - For many siblings of special needs kids come a whole slew of challenges that may sometimes be overlooked. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will initiate specialized sibling programs with a clinical component focused on addressing issues of anger, guilt and depression.
- Summer Programs - Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will work with mainstream and special needs overnight camps with the goal of arranging and funding specialized bunks and programs. In addition to providing parents with respite opportunities, a stay at summer camp will allow for greater peer socialization opportunities for children who are generally isolated throughout the year. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will also fund community inclusion opportunities allowing parents to hire shadows enabling their children to attend day camps in their communities.
- Peer-to-Peer Support - Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will coordinate a peer-to-peer support contact network between parents facing similar challenges and will make a 24 hour support network available to parents via the internet.
- Reimbursement Funds - Oftentimes many families require specialized needs, i.e., the development of behavior plans, homemakers, medical consultations not covered by insurance, therapeutic devices, educational material, tuition, etc. Family Reimbursement funds will help defray the costs of acquiring these items.
- Clinical Counseling - Sometimes a person with special needs or a family member can derive tremendous benefits from consulting with a trained professional to work out some of the issues that come up in daily life. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will make referrals and assist in absorbing some of the costs involved on obtaining this vital help.
- Halachic Expertise - Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will develop relationships with a number of halachic authorities who have exhibited experience and expertise in understanding the unique requirements of special needs children and their families. Yaldei Shluchei HaRebbe will engage their services to be available to provide hadracha in halachic and hashkafa issues.